- What hours do you schedule sessions?
I am available 24/7 (within reason!:P) for a chat about your photos / session. I usually schedule the sessions between 3pm and 5pm Monday to Friday and between 9am and 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays. I am flexible though and if you have a specific requirement I’m sure I can fit you in
- Ok, you’ve booked a session. So now what?
Once your session is booked, we’ll discuss location, clothing, and the overall look you want from your images. I’ll give you some tips to help you prepare for the session, like what to wear and what to bring and a full price and product list. My style is not everyone’s cup of tea–and that’s okay, so it’s important that we discuss your portrait session so that we are all thrilled with the final images.
- Where does the photo / portrait session take place?
Depending on your needs and what we have discussed, the session will either take place in my home-studio or in a location mutually agreed between us. Sessions are very informal….I’ll make you a coffee, and you let me snap away!
- What is a Purple Turtle Photography portrait session like?
Sessions are relaxed, fun and friendly. I ♥ portraits of kids doing kids’ stuff, so if you want to bring props, maybe a toy that’s special then I can work it into the photos. Good ideas are a special teddy that your child loves, a colourful ball, or even bubble mixture. You might also want to bring that pretty hairband or the adorable shoes.
- What is a Newborn / Baby Photo Session like?
I prefer to do newborn sessions before your baby is 14 days old as they sleep so much and don’t make a fuss if you move them around. I always make sure the studio is warm, cosy and safe.
I have a range of surfaces in different colours and textures that feel comfortable to your baby and look great in your final images. I also have several props, hats, containers etc to make your images unique.
Top tips to make sure we get the best out of your newborn / baby session:
* Make sure baby is well fed and winded before your session. A baby with a full tummy is a sleepy baby – Perfect for photography! I also have space for you to breastfeed your baby during the session, or warm a bottle. There’s no rush. Please allow 2-4 hours for your newborn shoot.
* Keep baby wrapped up until the moment I start taking pictures. Your baby will feel safer and calmer.
* I use a lot of props in my photography and I strongly encourage you to bring along personal items you want to see in your images. I have a range of props and I will ask you your preferences or help you decide what is going to work with the image.
* Please bring a drink and a snack for yourself and your partner. Newborn sessions can last 2-4 hours.
- What about the kids?
This should be FUN! Please let me lead the way and I will ask you if I need help. I will work at a pace dictated by your child. If they’re not having fun I’ll suggest we stop for now and try again another time. It helps to make sure your child has a good night’s sleep the night before the session, that you arrange the session around nap time, and that they’ve eaten well. Although I usually have snacks and drinks here, it is a good idea to bring something you know your child will eat.
A parent must always be present during the session. Although I always follow safe practices, it is your responsibility to make sure your children are safe and that babies are within your arms’ reach.
- What if you’re ill / can’t make it?
If someone is ill, let’s reschedule. I will always reschedule sessions if I am ill. Likewise if your child isn’t up to it for whatever reason. We all have bad days. Please contact me to let me know and I’ll be more than happy to fit you in another time.
Still have a question?[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]